My Photo
Name:

I am just the next guy in line. I am the man at the streetcorner, the fellow asleep at the back of the greyhound. I am the man at the bank, the guy mowing your lawn because you were sick and I was mowing mine at the same time. I am the kid letting you share my towel at the pool, the guy at the beach handing you the tickets to the concert, the strange guy in the corner of the coffee shop. I am the guy that holds the sign by the side of the road "Because Jesus Loves You." I am the guy changing your flat tire for you, filling your tank with gas, buying you groceries, and helping your kids get school supplies. I am the guy who everyone points at and says "I would never be able to do that". All because Christ has given me strength. I love you guys because Jesus loves me.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bringing in old writings of mine - Communal Responsability

*These have some worthwhile value, but they have been written over a period of several years*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At what point does personal responsability turn into communal responsability? What about the converse?

Personal responsability is something that is sadly lacking in todays culture, and because of the close relationship between personal responsability and communal responsability, communal responsability is also lacking.

For most people personal responsability is something they want to be seen with, but dont practice . Everyone wants to take the credit but no one wants to accept the blame. But personal responsability requires the taking of blame as well. It means that if you loose your job, it wasnt because your boss was stupid, it was because you did not work properly. If I dont sell enough to make my boss happy, then its not the customer's fault, it is my own. If I want the rewards, I must take the losses as well. That is personal responsability - taking care of everything pertaining to ones self.

Communal responsability is where personal responsability meets a group of people. Because everyone is intertwined in actions and life in a community, no matter if it is a neighborhood or in a work environment, everyone's actions affect everyone elses actions. Communal responsability requires that one take personal responsability further. Yes, if you empty the coffee pot, turn off the heater and throw away the grounds, but ALSO make a new pot. If you dirty a dish, dont expect for someone else to clean it when they clean their stuff. Its not just something that must and should be done, it is just common sense, and that is one great loss to our world. Common sense has left most people and so now it is not-so-common.

Personal responsability requires that I do my devotions daily in an effort to better myself. Communal responsability requires that I pay attention to those around me and try to better them. This may require teaching, it may require having a sit-down "chat" with them, but whatever I can do to increase the potential of others is part of my personal responsability to the community. The reverse is true, whatever the community can do to increase my potential and better me, they should do.

Where does personal responsability meet communal responsability? At the most basic level they come together at you. What do you have to do today to better yourself and those around you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home