My Photo
Name:

I am just the next guy in line. I am the man at the streetcorner, the fellow asleep at the back of the greyhound. I am the man at the bank, the guy mowing your lawn because you were sick and I was mowing mine at the same time. I am the kid letting you share my towel at the pool, the guy at the beach handing you the tickets to the concert, the strange guy in the corner of the coffee shop. I am the guy that holds the sign by the side of the road "Because Jesus Loves You." I am the guy changing your flat tire for you, filling your tank with gas, buying you groceries, and helping your kids get school supplies. I am the guy who everyone points at and says "I would never be able to do that". All because Christ has given me strength. I love you guys because Jesus loves me.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bringing in old writings of mine - Writing

*These have some worthwhile value, but they have been written over a period of several years*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the purpose of language? What is the purpose of art? I say the purpose is to communicate thoughts and ideas of substance. We all know people who write for the sake of comments, but what about people who write things that trouble them, or write what they want to, but do not expect any responses? What about People who create something worth reading rather than self propagandist angst, drivel, and quizzes? This is something i have been wondering, this is something that I have thought about and pondered over.

This is the conclusion to which I have come:

There are too few people who write truly for the sake of writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home